If you’ve just finished writing the copy for your website, take a break and review it when you feel refreshed. When you’re refreshed, review it in a few different ways:
- Review and edit on your computer.
- Print it out and edit it on paper.
- Print out again and read it out loud. It’s amazing what things stand out when you hear what you’ve written aloud.
- Hire someone else to thoroughly read your copy and ask if they find the offer credible and if they have any unanswered questions. Ask them:
- Did the offer seem credible to you? (Ex. If you’re teaching something, do they feel you are qualified to teach it? Are the claims made believable?)
- Were there any unanswered questions about the product or the offer? If so, what were they?