A/B Split Testing helps business owners determine which website element is more likely to produce a desired response from your prospects.
For example, you can test two headlines to see which performs better. You simply make two versions of the same page, with the only difference being the headline, so you are more likely to pinpoint EXACTLY what is causing the change in response. The key is to only change one thing at a time.
You can conduct split-testing through a wide variety of software programs and you may already have some available to you through your shopping cart and other services. If not, you can look at a script like DynaTracker to help you split test. Or you can stick with Google Analytics to monitor your results.
Some of The Items You Can Test on Your Website:
- Headlines: Try different versions of your headline, but usually only with small changes each time.
- Subheadlines: Do the same with your subheadlines as you do with your headline.
- Product Offer: Try different ways to present your product for ordering.
- Colors: Test background colors, headline colors, etc. but test one color element at a time.
- Fonts: Test different fonts in headlines and in sales copy text, but again, test them one at a time.
- Graphics: Test different product images, guarantee graphics, website images, etc.
- Price: Test different price points for your product.